Biosoft® Duo Double Loop Ureteral Stents
Biosoft® Duo is Coloplast’s softer go-to ureteral stent that combines firmness with flexibility. The flexible biocompatible polymer of Biosoft softens at body temperature and is softer than Vortek® stents allowing for patient comfort. The loops on the proximal and distal end have excellent shape memory that prevents risk of migration during indwell. Biosoft duo stents are radiopaque for visualization under fluoroscopy and packaged with a unique steerable pusher that enables precise stent placement.
Biosoft duo was designed for easy insertion, while retaining great flexibility for patient comfort. Produced by coextrusion of a flexible material and a rigid material.
Indwelling time of up to 6 months
The Biosoft® difference
In an observational, retrospective, multicenter study at mean indwell time approximately 20 weeks, Biosoft demonstrated a lower (5.5%) severe encrustation rate than the rate estimated at the same time from literature (11%)1
Biosoft is well tolerated in daily practice, while showing long term integrity as reported in literature.
- Biosoft® Duo is composed of a soft polymer blend for enhanced patient comfort
- Shape memory to prevent risk of migration during indwell
Dual-layer design for easy placement and patient comfort
- Firm inner layer for easy insertion and placement into the ureter
- Thermosensitive outer layer softens at body temperature for increased patient comfort
Procedural control you can count on
- Radiopaque for visualization under fluoroscopy
- Packaged with a unique steerable positioner enables precise stent placement
- Steerable pusher, with or without radiopaque ring
- Choice of with or without guidewire
- Individually packaged
Subscribe for more from Coloplast Endourology
Sign up to receive information and support for Endourology Your Way. By opting into our emails, we can keep in touch with you on new products and updates.
"*" indicates required fields