Stenostent® Ureteral Stents
Stenostent® is the comfortable way to treat stenosis. The 12 Fr reinforced stent is constructed of silicone which has demonstrated greater patient comfort compared to stents constructed of alternative materials1 and is approved for indwell up to 12 months. The coils of Stenostent taper to 8 Fr leaving minimal material within the bladder.
Stenostent is inserted over a guidewire like a traditional double-loop stent and is packaged with a steerable pusher for precise placement.
Designed for maximum resistance to stenosis
- 12 Fr reinforced body for management of stenosis over the entire ureter
- Long-term indwell for up to 12 months
Enhanced patient comfort
- Comprised of soft, smooth silicone material which has demonstrated greater patient comfort compared to competitor stents1
- Coils taper to 8 Fr, leaving less material in the bladder
Ease of placement and withdrawal
- Inserted and removed like a traditional double-loop stent
- Paired with unique steerable positioner designed for precise stent placement
- El-Nahas et al, Self-Retaining Ureteral Stents: Analysis of Factors Responsible for Patients’ Discomfort. J or Endourology. Jan 2006, 20(1):33-7.
|Stenostent® ureteral stent kit with steerable pusher and Seldinger stainless steel guidewire|
|Item||French||Length (cm)||Sales UOM||EA / Sales UOM|
Stenostent® Ureteral Stents Brief Statement
- Partial enlargement of the diameter: localized stenoses connected with ureteropelvic junction syndrome
- Total enlargement of the diameter: stenoses over all or part of the ureter
Untreated progressive infection of the upper urinary tract. Any known allergies to the medical device materials.
Warnings and Precautions
Reuse of this single use product may create a potential risk to the user. Reprocessing, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization may compromise product characteristics which in turn create an additional risk of physical harm to or infection of the patient.
The following events have been reported although their occurrence greatly depends on patients medical conditions: infection, encrustation, obstruction, rupture, migration, bladder irritation symptoms, pain, hematuria, erosion. Some events may be related to this procedure, amongst which those related to the guidewire: ureteral perforation, or burns when in contact with an electrosurgical equipment.
The risks and benefits of using double loop ureteral stent kits should be considered in patients.
The information provided is not comprehensive with regard to product risks. For a comprehensive listing of indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions refer to the product’s Instructions for Use. Alternatively, you may contact a Coloplast representative at 1-800-258-3476 and/or visit the company Website at www.coloplast.com.
Complications from the use of this device should be brought to the attention of your Coloplast Representative and your physician.
Caution: Federal (USA) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.