Pyelostent® Ureteral Stent
Pyelostent® is a specialty silicone ureteral stent used for drainage of upper urinary tract and ureter healing during management of localized stenosis of ureteropelvic junction. Pyelostent® is constructed of biocompatible silicone which has demonstrated greater patient comfort compared to alternative materials1. Pyelostent® may be used for an indwell of up to 12 months and is packaged with a steerable pusher for accurate stent placement.
Reinforced and long-term implantation
- 8 Fr body widens to 12 Fr in the renal pelvis section
- Silicone material for long term implantation (up to 12 months)
Enhanced patient comfort
- Comprised of soft, smooth silicone material which has demonstrated greater patient comfort compared to competitor stents1
- Shape memory loop to reduce the risk of migration
Ease of placement and withdrawal
- Inserted and removed like a traditional double-loop stent
- Graduation markings to confirm placement
- El-Nahas et al, Self-Retaining Ureteral Stents: Analysis of Factors Responsible for Patients’ Discomfort. J or Endourology. Jan 2006, 20(1):33-7.
|Pyelostent® Specialty Ureteral Stent|
|Item||Diameter (Fr)||Length (cm)||Sales UOM||EA / Sales UOM|
Pyelostent Brief Statement
Drainage of the upper urinary tract over fistulas or ureteral obstacles. (e.g: periureteral tumour)
Untreated progressive infection of the upper urinary tract.
These devices may particularly contain traces of silicone resulting from the manufacturing process. The evaluation of the allergic background of a patient is the healthcare professional’s responsibility.
Warnings and Precautions
This type of kits must only be used by trained and experienced professionals.
Reuse of this single use product may create a potential risk to the user.
The following events have been reported although their occurrence greatly depends on patients’ medical conditions: infection, encrustation, obstruction, rupture, migration, bladder irritation symptoms, pain, hematuria, erosion.
Some events may be related to this procedure, amongst which those related to the guidewire: ureteral perforation, or burns when in contact with an electrosurgical equipment.
The information provided is not comprehensive with regard to product risks. For a comprehensive listing of indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse events refer to the product’s Instructions for Use. Alternatively, you may contact a Coloplast representative at 1-800-258-3476 and/or visit the company website at www.coloplast.com.
Caution: Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.